Tube Phono Stage Help

I have a Whest TWO that I am auditioning with a 30 trial period. My ultimate goal was a Fosgate but I decided to order a Spectron amp and that cut my funds short.

I like the Whest and compared to my entry level Vincent it is a vast improvement. Deeper tighter base, open soundstage and tonally accurate. Sounds a little lean on some recordings-maybe I am too critical?

Is there a tube phono stage for around $1200 new or used that can be recommended to "warm" up the sound on some of these lean rock albums? The rest of my setup: Rega Planar 2, Ortofon Blue 2M, Cary SLP03 Preampo, B&W 802D powered by a Cary Cinema amp.
stl114_nj
With all due respect to Bottlehead, wouldn't you guys expect the Whest to be superior to the Seduction? The Bottlehead Eros might be a better alternative, I would think. And to the OP, what system is giving you a lean sound? You say you are trying out the Whest and you own a Spectron amp, but in your last sentence you say you have a Cary preamp and amplifier. Compared to those latter two, the Spectron would surely be lean sounding. Perhaps the dominant sonic signature, if you've switched from the Cary amp to the Spectron amp. Or maybe you have not yet received the Spectron. By all accounts, the Whest is a very good piece.
Third for the Jolida JD9. After upgrading the opamps to 637s, it's pretty stunning. You can roll the tubes to regulate the warmth level.

David
Lewm,
To clarify, I now am using the Cary Cinema SS amp until the recently ordered Spectron arrives. I suspect it is more the nature of the recordings that give a lean sound rather than the phonostage. And of course I am very curious how a tube unit would sound. I suspect the Whest is rather forward as well.