Vinyl reissues quality

I have purchased 10-12 rock/pop/female vocal vinyl reissues lately and the surface noise on about 30% of them is loud enough to be distracting. The surface noise isn't the occassional click and pop but ranges from a constant crackling to constant low roar almost like tape hiss. Cleaning helps some but does not solve the problem. I have LP's from my college days that are 30 years old and are quieter than the brand new 180 gram virgin vinyl reissues. Am I unlucky or are others experiencing the same?
sgunther
If one reads about the LP record production process from start to end, you end up amazed that any LP sounds acceptable. There are just a lot of points in the process for quality to deteriorate.

A lacquer coated metal master is cut, which is electroplated to form a negative, which in turn is used to make a new all metal mother, which then is electroplated again to make the negative stamper plates.

Impurities in the plating chemicals, dust, or sloppy handling at any stage can cause noise in the stamped record.

Stampers can also be used past their prime. Stampers also do not typically fail instantaneously, so LPs made toward the end of the stamper's life will not be quite as pristine as those made at the start even if stampers are replaced on schedule.

And, as others noted, the quality of vinyl is also an issue. There is good quality vinyl available, but like any other business, some companies will put quality control second to cost factors.
I usually buy almost all of the new vinyl rock/pop/female vocalist reissues. I guess I have been lucky because I just don't have any complaints. Mine have sounded wonderful and quiet.

I agree that the RTI and Pallas pressed copies are fantastic. The (3) new Dire Straits reissues are indeed marvelous.
One thing I do to minimize the surface noise is that I always clean my new albums on a RCM prior to listening to them. Do you do this? If not, you might want to start, as I find it helps quite a bit.

Overall though, I agree with Mofimadness actually.
I have not had very many issues with the reissues.

I've had a few, but not too many. And admittedly, probably a higher percentage now (say 5% or so), have had surface noise, (specifically ticks and pops), than in the "good 'ole days", (when it was just one or two percent). But then again, perhaps the mid-fi equipment that I had back then did not allow me notice the surface noise nearly as much.

My two cents worth.
Stevecham - yes I have noticed that many times there are what look like residue lines that run across the outer radius of the LP, sometime only one and sometimes two on opposing sides and you can hear it when the stylus passes through these areas. At first I thought iI could remove by cleaning - not. Worst offenders - Cat Stevens, Tea for the Tillerman, I took the first one back and exchanged and the second one was actually worse. Recently send The Eagles, Hell Freezes Over back hoping replacement is better.On the other hand Clapton, Unplugged and Van Morrison Moondance sound great. The best overall is a 30 year old MoFi release of John Klemmer's Touch that I recently purchased here on agon.
I think, most of these problems are not from vinyl (maybe sometimes, but not in general), probably the output numbers from the press factory forces them to shorten cooling process and following steps. Or Know How is gone, who knows.