Vinyl reissues quality

I have purchased 10-12 rock/pop/female vocal vinyl reissues lately and the surface noise on about 30% of them is loud enough to be distracting. The surface noise isn't the occassional click and pop but ranges from a constant crackling to constant low roar almost like tape hiss. Cleaning helps some but does not solve the problem. I have LP's from my college days that are 30 years old and are quieter than the brand new 180 gram virgin vinyl reissues. Am I unlucky or are others experiencing the same?
sgunther
Have you noticed that it most often happens at the outer radius of the disc. I swear they don't leave the material in the press long enough to let the outer portion fully form in the stamper. Then it forms crystals instead of flowing properly and this causes that "rough road" for the first inch or so of inward play.
Even supposedly virgin vinyl is not very high quality these days. I read an article about a new pressing operation in New York City. They acknowledge that even the best vinyl stock they can find is quite inferior in quality to stock available in the heyday of vinyl. What they do is "regrind" the vinyl into a powder before using it to minimize the impact of impurities.
Experiencing the same; I stick with LPs pressed at RTI and Pallas in Germany; quality seems higher. Re done Dire Straits are good examples of what new pressings should sound like.
If one reads about the LP record production process from start to end, you end up amazed that any LP sounds acceptable. There are just a lot of points in the process for quality to deteriorate.

A lacquer coated metal master is cut, which is electroplated to form a negative, which in turn is used to make a new all metal mother, which then is electroplated again to make the negative stamper plates.

Impurities in the plating chemicals, dust, or sloppy handling at any stage can cause noise in the stamped record.

Stampers can also be used past their prime. Stampers also do not typically fail instantaneously, so LPs made toward the end of the stamper's life will not be quite as pristine as those made at the start even if stampers are replaced on schedule.

And, as others noted, the quality of vinyl is also an issue. There is good quality vinyl available, but like any other business, some companies will put quality control second to cost factors.
I usually buy almost all of the new vinyl rock/pop/female vocalist reissues. I guess I have been lucky because I just don't have any complaints. Mine have sounded wonderful and quiet.

I agree that the RTI and Pallas pressed copies are fantastic. The (3) new Dire Straits reissues are indeed marvelous.