Classics Clarity Vinyl

I'm wondering what others' experience is with these. I've bought 4 titles and I find the vinyl incredibly noisy, as if I had a fireplace active. Violent crackling, sometimes for 2-3 seconds at a time and fairly frequent. Audible from the next room.

I clean LPs with Premier then the Wallker four step process.
madfloyd
Ian,

Have you performed the slow play test on those noisy passages? It sounds like pressing flaws or bad vinyl to me, but you might as well find out definitively. Posting about it won't solve the mystery of any individual LP; investigation will.
Big star #1 Record and Radio City sound brilliant. Send them back, you should not stand for bad pressings and Classic Records know it.These records already cost a small fortune. They will refund or exchange.
Have you considered the possibility that your tracking force may be set too low and the stylus is skipping about in the grooves?
I only have the Lung by Tull on Clarity and Look of Love by Dusty.

noticeable pops, clicks, and some groove noise between tracks. Reference Tull I have an original pressing, the mofi, and the normal classic reissue.

I also treat them with love. SOTA record cleaner, with mofi enzyme, deep clean, regular clean rinse and then LAST record preservative and mo-fi replacement sleeve.

Despite the noise I prefer the sonics of the Clarity and find it to be the superior sounding of all the Aqualung pressings I have, BUT, you have to listen through some noise which I can deal with.
Fromunda wrote:

"These records already cost a small fortune. They will refund or exchange."

Not true if you bought directly from Classic Records as I did--Troy Thompson refused to refund money as it is not "their policy." This is especially frustrating as my replacements were as noisy as the original discs, and took two months to receive to boot. As you can imagine, I'm not a happy customer.

Syntax--happy to hear you have silent discs. It's obviously very variable and, perhaps, title dependent.