Rega 700 rewire

I have a Rega P5 TT, which I have recently done some very worthwhile tweaks to. I have put in the Groovetracer sub platter, counter weights and the Groovetracer Acrylic Platter.
I already have the TT PSU power supply and am looking to get the most I can out of this already great sounding TT. My next place to turn, as I cannot afford to get into the next level of TT's is to think about a higher quality of wiring for the 700 arm. Will I get the same gain in sound quality I have had with rewiring the 700 as I have achieved in the past with the Incognito rewire I had done on my RB 300. What would yo suggest as a good upgrade to the existing wiring from cartridge clips to phono jacks? Any help will be appreciated
Jerry
birdmanpa
I have seen the wiring on the 300, and it looked like lamp cord, which is why I had it rewired with the Incognito wiring and the difference was night and day. As I said I have decided to keep the 700 wiring as it is and now I have another question, as I have only gotten good advice from you folks. I would like to know what are some good cartridge fits with the Rega 700, now that I have done the Groovetracer sub platter, acrylic platter and counter weight mods. I am using a EAR 834P Phono preamp, so low output MC is an option and I want to keep it under $1000.00. What about the Lyra Dorian, or the Grado Statement Platinum 1? Any thoughts would be welcomed.
Dear Birdmanpa, You should not 'blow over'. The EAR 834P is
an decent phono-pre but an decent LOMC for $1000? If you persist on LOMC then there is no escape from second hand 'choice'. A tricky busyness. So you should check Rauls MM (contra-revolution). Those are 'better' for all 3 of yours: the EAR,the Rega 700 and for you .

Regards,
Nandric,

I've also read that there are different Audio Note wires. But I have not been able to get any information on that. I've contacted AN's Asia distributor but never got any reply. I found a dealer in Singapore that carries an AN tonearm wire but never got a reply from him to see which is which. So the only two places that I have found to be able to supply the wires are Audio Note UK and an internet DIY parts supply store in UK.

I wanted to rewire my SME V with it. I am planning on sending my arm back to SME to get a tune up. As part of the service, they replace the existing wire with a new silver wire. But they said they could rewire with the AN wire if I supply it.

FrankC
Thank you Frank and Nandric. Nandric, what is the contra-revolution? I am not sure I know what you mean by that, I saw nothing by Raul about a MM cartridge. Thanks
I highly advise you to change the stock wire in the Rega "700" arm. I'm sure Rega still connects the ground to 1 of the signal path wires. I have a 1000 and changed the wire. Pick one of the aftermarket wires, Cardas-Discovery-AudioNote. Any one of them is better than what you have now.