Soundsmith's turnaround time?

How long have you guys had to wait to get your cartridge back for repair/retip?
Sent 2 of mine on December 1st 2009. No status update and no response to my emails. Called twice and "will look into it and will get back to you".
Still nothing.

Anyone can share their experience on wait time?
smoffatt
Dear Vegasears: Nice to read that you are enjoying the MM/MI analog source alternative. Normally MM/MI cartridges are stylus removable, a good advantage between other things.

Other that the 2m Bkack you can try too the Nagaoka MP-50 and the Ortofon M20E Super that you can find NOS over the net.

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
It took me six months to get my Lyra Clavis back from them. When I sent it in, the backlog was 12-14 weeks. I wasn't that concerned about the timeframe, but the lack of communication, or updates. I started getting concerned that my cart may have been lost, or some other misfortune. I was never contacted until the cartridge was finished.

However, getting it back and using it for the first time, it was well worth it.

Until there is an alternative, we'll live with it.

Note to Peter: Find someone who can make a few calls/emails a day. Let customers know how their stuff is doing.
I FedEx-ed my Dynavector 20XL (damaged cantilver, replaced with ruby cantilever) to Soundsmith on 8-11-10. It was signed for on 8-16-10. I got a phone call from Michelle letting me know it was ready on 9-9-10. So 8-16-10 to 9-9-10 is a 3 week and 3 day turnaround time (including weekends and a holiday).
I had a problem with my Soundsmith MMC2 with a loose cantilever. I sent it to him and had it back in about a month.

He charged me nothing although it was over a year out of warranty.

Never heard anything from them.