Best Cartridge under $1000.00 for Rega 700

I have asked this in another thread, but thought it may get lost in there, so I wanted to start a new one. I have a Rega 700 TT, with TTPSU power supply, Groovetracer Subplatter, Acrylic platter and GT counter weight. I am using an EAR 834P phono preamp so low output MC is okay. I have had nothing but good advice here and am clueless about matching Carts to arms so any advice will be welcome. As I say above I want to keep it under $1000.00 to $1100.00. Any thoughts on the Lyra Dorian, or Grado Statement Platinum?
Thanks
Jerry
birdmanpa
I understand wanting more punch, etc. but it's not all about moving up as it is a balance because one item out of line with your taste and it will nullify the others that are close to perfect. I get plenty of attack and details with my Krell KPE reference phono because they match my sonic tastes. I have not heard the EAR 834P but it's all about the match as I am sure you are well aware and that means cables to.
Why not try one of those MM models?IWhat do have to lose?Sell it if you don't like it.It seems the vast majority of audiophiles automatically assume those lower to mid line MC's wiil sound better than any MM cartridge.There are people who think that MP-50(for example)competes with MC's costing more than $1000.00.
I have decided to add the Grado Statement Master, to my collection, for my Rega P5. I got a good deal on Agon, and am awaiting delivery. I have since become aware of a potential hum problem with a Grado/Rega/VPI, combination. Is anyone else aware of this potential problem, due to unshielded motor in the Rega? If so, does anyone know any fixes. I really don't want to have to put the Grado up for sale as soon as it gets here.
Thanks in advance