Aquafina for record cleaning

I just bought a bottle of Aquafina water as it has been touted here on Agon as very pure. It measured 1 ppm with my water meter while the water from my under sink RO unit with three filters measured 7 ppm. FYI. Don
donaudio
Newbrook, I just looked at Aquafina prices when picking up some things at the supermarket, and it was 95 cents per quart. I didn't see any distilled water there as cheap as $2/gallon. At these prices, it's pretty academic, though. And anyone who thinks his pricy ultra-pure water (my last bottle cost approx. $25 for 32 oz.) is going to STAY ultra-pure should read Wdi's comment.

On the broader subject, I find that the more steps I add to my cleaning regimen, the fewer records I can actually bring myself to clean. A second rinse would just about finish me off :-)
I think that's the primary point, Wdi. From my understanding on what I've read about the use of Aquafina is that the levels of dissolved solids in it render it essentially "lab-grade" even though it's not marketed that way, obviously.

I've been using it since Fremer (like him or not...) first started talking about it and find it works every bit as well as the more pricey stuff I had been using. It's readily available and cheap.

I've been a tad skeptical about generic grocery-store "distilled" water.
Something comes to mind as I read the pros and cons of "lab grade" water. If its so aggressive and leaches compounds out of materials, is it really something to rinse your records with?