Aquafina for record cleaning

I just bought a bottle of Aquafina water as it has been touted here on Agon as very pure. It measured 1 ppm with my water meter while the water from my under sink RO unit with three filters measured 7 ppm. FYI. Don
donaudio
I prefer to use sextuple-ionized-distilled-fision-reactor-cooling-Mars-water myself. I'm just funny that way. The great thing is my records spontaneously sprout legs about 3/4 of the way through side two and put themselves up.
Just a second here we spend thousands on gear thousands on our precious records and when it comes to the part where the sound of the record can be made better by spending a few more bucks for lab grade water and some find reasons to use inferior water to rinse with because of a few dollars thats scandalous i tell ya.

I bought 2 cases of Nerl ultra pure water last year and still have 1 case left and have cleaned hundreds of records for 37.00 to rinse them and thats 2 rinses per side. Well i guess thats me and my ears are worth the few dollars spent for better sound. Like i said above
Think About It.
Just out of curiosity, what is the limit for impurities in the lab grade water? It has been a decade or so since I worked in a lab, but if I recall correctly the specification for Purified Water USP was 1 ppm total dissolved solids. This is the water we routinely used except for sensitive HPLC testing. Lab grade can mean different things.

Also, the downside to purchasing in large quantities is the length of time it would take to use it all after opening the bottle. It is not easy to keep things from growing in your water. Those specifications don’t mean a thing after that.
Newbrook, I just looked at Aquafina prices when picking up some things at the supermarket, and it was 95 cents per quart. I didn't see any distilled water there as cheap as $2/gallon. At these prices, it's pretty academic, though. And anyone who thinks his pricy ultra-pure water (my last bottle cost approx. $25 for 32 oz.) is going to STAY ultra-pure should read Wdi's comment.

On the broader subject, I find that the more steps I add to my cleaning regimen, the fewer records I can actually bring myself to clean. A second rinse would just about finish me off :-)
I think that's the primary point, Wdi. From my understanding on what I've read about the use of Aquafina is that the levels of dissolved solids in it render it essentially "lab-grade" even though it's not marketed that way, obviously.

I've been using it since Fremer (like him or not...) first started talking about it and find it works every bit as well as the more pricey stuff I had been using. It's readily available and cheap.

I've been a tad skeptical about generic grocery-store "distilled" water.