Driving myself crazy with TT purchase...

You've probably read a post or two of mine looking for info trying to figure out what to buy etc.

I purchased an RD-11e ($78) that needs some work. I'm considering a Grace 707, RB2510/300 or SME 3009 arm for it but the more I look the more I think my $$ could be better spent on a complete table. A few hundred $$$ for an arm a few hundred $$$ for a cartridge, is the current platfrom (RD-11e) worth it?

There are so many TT to choose from in the $600-800 range. For instance I'm trading e-mails on a VPI HW-19 mk, Thorens TD-125, TD-160 Super, Mucsic Hall 5.1 and a Sota. I really do not have the option to listen to any of them.

I don't know what to do, they all seem reputable and modable (?) and they will probably all sound good so in trying to narrow down the broad spectrum, what should I consider? Once setup properly will the setup hold? Do/will any require constant tinkering? and... and... and.

Thanks again.
botit
From what I understand, you are better off going for a MKII version of the Thorens TD-125, the MKI had some electrical component problems and is why they went to the MKII shortly after coming out with the MKI. Don't discount a TD-160, with some work they are fine sounding decks.
My first "real" turntable was an Ariston 11e. Back then, I was reading about turntables in "Hi-Fi Answers". I used a Grace 707(mk11?) with an ADC XLM 3 cartridge. I got the best sound I've ever heard from a turntable with this setup. Unfortunately, it would only play for a few minutes(I think this was due to the fact that I was using a flat belt[mostly]. I also had dropped the motor, so it was more or less hanging from the top plate-that's why I am intrigued by Roxsan's implementation of a similiar system.). I think you have to use the round belt(they do sell them.). I also took the foam out of the springs, which was popular back then. It seemed like the belt pulled up the platter, so that it became a closed system(along with the arm). I was using a heavy Osawa mat. I was a poor student back then, and didn't have many alternatives that I knew about. I learned about what each parameter of the turntable, arm, and cartridge did. For instance, each of the three legs are audible-the same goes for the springs. I did combine the tweaking with a little bouncing of the platter. I believe you can hear one spring come out of one speaker, one out of the other, and the middle one goes to the middle of the soundfield. What I did learn was invaluable, and puts me in a good position today, compared to many other people-when it comes to many turntable, arm , and cartridge parameters. I guess that is how life is. What you learn seems to come in handy down the road. That, being said, with the computer, and it's access to a lot of information, you can probably do better, and you might not have time for all this. I didn't have a choice back then.
I should mention that I think the bottom of the springs have a washer that has a peak, and that peak is used to align the springs(the board in its cutout), I believe. It is best to read up on this, if you are interested.