Continuum Caliburn - really the best TT on earth?

I have read so many good things about the Caliburn but also figured out that this table needs some care (software, o-ring, air suction etc.) To my knowledge they have improved the table over the last three years.

Is there anyone out who has experience with this table besides of audio shows -meaningly having tested the Caliburn with the Cobra and e.g. a Lyra system within a very good chain? Is there any reason not to go for a Caliburn?
thuchan
Don't confuse me, some say: LP12...the 1. Generation, touched from Ivor before leaving the factory...
Before all TTs are listed here, pls. wait two more days.
But what is so special with the Saskia except of good looking?
Don't know about that. But here are some pricier options:

http://www.higherfi.com/ttlist/ttlist.htm
Just a thought, the only other table that Michael Fremer feels is in the same league as the Continuum is the Rockport Sirius III. I mention this because he has almost singlehandedly created the market for this table. But for his favorable comments, few would have been sold. I would add that Andy Payor is very close to introducing the Sirius V which will probably be in the same price ballpark as the Continuum and will incorporate a number of improvements over the Sirius III.
All I can tell you is that I've had my Caliburn (an original early sample) for almost 5 years now and as a reviewer I beat the crap out of it. Not on purpose. It's just that I'm busy comparing things and stopping and starting it (etc.). So in all that time I can tell you that it has been flawless. Nothing has gone wrong with it and nothing has broke either. Continuum has a tech on-call should anything go wrong but so far all that's been done was an "oil change" and a belt change after 3 years--and the belt really didn't need changing. It's built beautifully. Other owners report similar reliability though one I know had a bearing issue that needed to be resolved but the tech flew out and fixed it pronto.

I hope Andy has the System V at CES or soon thereafter. There's a guy in N.H. who has a System III Sirius on one side of his rack and a Caliburn on the other both connected to the Boulder 2008....lucky guy.

They are both great 'tables but different. I don't think anything is built and engineered like the Rockport, which is not meant as a slam against the Continuum, which after 5 years now rivals the System III Sirius in terms of build quality....

I have come to not favor air bearing arms....just my preference.

Skeptic visit but leave understanding what the Caliburn does. It's not subtle. I wish i could say that other tables I've reviewed come close (other than the Rockport, which is on the same field but different) but nothing else does so far.

But I've NEVER said the Caliburn was "the best turntable in the world." I think that kind of talk is really lame. I haven't heard every turntable and there is no one "best." In my experience there are a few among the best. However my personal favorite for now is the Caliburn...

The people who have bought them (more than you might imagine) including a reviewer for TAS who visited before buying, are all very happy with them. One guy as a Ferrari or two but says the Caliburn is his favorite material possession. It is mine. I feel very lucky to have it. Given the current price, I wouldn't be able to afford it even at the accommodation price for a cosmetic 3rd, which is what mine is. -Fremer (off to CES)