Ortofon MC A90 cartridge

I have had this cartridge for just over a month now and WOW.

The A90 IMO is as pure a cartridge that I have ever heard.

If you like your system you will absolutely luv this cartridge.

Thanks Mike L for giving me the tip - revealing and musical- absolutely. ruthless - never

Anyone else got one?

cheers
downunder
Steve,

I will be visiting Mike Lavigne next month to try out a few new tricks for the 301.

i'm really looking forward to another visit and further Garrard tweaks. i'll try to get the 2nd A90 broken in prior to the visit so we can really compare things (like maybe an A90 on both the Triplaner and Reed and both mounted on the Garrard.....or both mounted on the Technics).

Since there seems to be a lot of interest in how the A90/Olympos compares to some of the MM/MI carts, I will bring a MP-50, Andante P-76 and M20FL Super and if Mike has the time and desire, we can do a comparison and share the results. My kind of fun.

i'm game for comparing all three if you want to (and if we are still having fun after the 1st and 2nd). the great part is that i get to watch you do multiple set-ups and continue my apprenticeship of "pivoted arm set-up 101".

btw, for those not aware Vetterone is Steve Dobbins who built wonderful plinths for both my Garrard 301 and my Technics SP-10 Mk3.
Hi,
This Ortofon A90 is a beautiful cartridge and perhaps the best so far that I have experienced. I don't own one, a long time audio dealer friend of mine likes it very much so.
Pardon me this is off the main topic. Downunder I have fond memories of the Pioneer Exclusive P3 along with the entire Exclusive line of other components.
Japanese HiFi back in the day was certainly cutting edge technology especially with their best turn tables.
I would like to finish off with I'm happy to see a resurgence of some of these vintage turn tables, tone arms and mm cartridges. Back to the future of HiFi?
Downunder, Phaser,
this does not strictly belong here as already mentioned. Yet as the Windfeld has the same motor as the A90 and 47ohm loading was mentioned as very good with the A90, I now gave that a try with Windfeld.
Voila! it happens to be THE best setting, and as things go --- the ONE I actually had not tried.
So thank you, and have a merry Xmas.
Axel
Do you guys think that the 47-ohm load would also be optimal for the MC7500, given the familial relationship among the MC7500, Windfield, and MCA90 cartridges? I like the MC7500 at 100 ohms very much. If I would critique it I would say that it is slightly "dry" sounding, gives lots of inner detail but maybe not so much in the way of "goosebumps". On the other hand, I came to it from years of listening to my Koetsu Urushi, so you could say I had been conditioned to a different sound that is anything but "dry". In comparison, the Colibri gives the best bit of both worlds, but it is finicky. I don't know how I ever lived without 3 turntables. (Meant as self-deprecation)
Axel, good news that you are getting better performance out of your Winfeld.

Lewm, not sure buy try the lower setting - you can always go back.

I have been using 100 ohms, so I may try my 50ohm setting now on my phono :-)

cheers