Time to move on from my old SOTA ?

With a $1500 budget, should I refurbish my vintage gear or update to a modern set-up? HISTORY: In the early 80's, I assembled a SOTA Saphire, Lustre GTS 801 arm and a Dynavector "Ruby" cartridge...I have not used the table for years and it needs to be sent back to SOTA for service and repair. I have been out of the loop for so long... Do I invest my time and money into refurbishing/updating my old set-up or move on to a newer package like the Marantz TT 15S1 with arm and cartidge...ready to go. Moreover, where would I be if I invested my budget into my old gear, how would it compare with what's out there today? Any suggestions/opinions? Thanks for your read...
larseand
Refurbish the SOTA. I had a Star Sapphire that SOTA converted to a Nova Series V and for the money they charged I would have had to spend twice as much IMO to get something else that was comparable.
Dear Larseand: I concur with Stanwal about the SOTA ( keep it, like others agree too. ) and on the GST-801 tonearm: very good too ( keep it. ).

I don't know where Stanwal read Grace for a cartridge but anyway you can make it better in that analog rig with this top quality performer:

http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LG&Product_Code=NAGAOKAMP050&Category_Code=NAGAOKACART

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Thanks for your advice folks. I like the idea keeping the OL' SOTA! More advice needed... How far should I go with the repair and updates? SOTA advises me that this table can be brought up to a current production Saphire (5th generation?) Is this advisable or should I repair and maintain my table as it was produced in 1983? Also, the repair I have mentioned involves the wooden frame seperating from the platform; it has let go and the platform is sagging... Raul, thanks for the MP 50 link!
I think Stanwal saw "Ruby" and assumed it was a grace when in fact it is a Dynavetor LOMC with a Ruby cantilever, I had one 20 odd years ago.