Records are getting noisy

I asked this as part of someone else's string last week, but I am getting a little more irated every day with this problem. Some of my new vinyl (bought within the last year) is starting to get lots of pops and cracks. Not scratches, not skips, just pops and clicks. Drives me crazy.

All records are cleaned with VPI 16.5(Walker method right now, and steamed if the problems doesn't get any better), machine and tubes are working perfectly. All records then get ZeroStat after cleaning and put into MoFi sleeves. Records are then cleaned with an Audioquest brush prior to playing.

I have even tried Gruv Glide, and no change on certain records. I am listening to one of my all time favs right now, Shelby Lynne "Just a Little Lovin" and it's driving me crazy. The record is clean, has always been well cared for, and now it's a crackin, poppin, annoying mess!!

What have I done, and how do I fix it???
macdadtexas
I have an audio buddy who had a similar problem and then he changed from an elliptical to a 'conical' stylus, which according to him is easier on the record groove then others. I must admit, the sound is wonderful and the noise is gone. It doesn't matter what he plays, you almost never hear a tick or pop. I have thought about doing the same, but I really don't have that big of an issue with noise. I don't know what cartridge you use, but perhaps you can try a different stylus shape? Conical styli are certainly making a comeback, along the idler drive tables, pick up heads etc., etc...
Vinyl quality became inferior, Quality control is not on par, I stopped buying new records last year. The RCM can't compensate it when the Vinyl itself is noisy (in the grooves or in the mix).
The better your System is, the more frustrating it will be. Buy some records from the 80's, you can play them endless without any noise. There you can hear that your System is ok.
The primary further advice I have is to consider the anti-static treatment that you use at playbck. The AQ brush does add a static charge that you need to release with something like Zerostat.

Be careful with the GruvGlide and use it only very lightly only on problem disks.

I use the AQ brush, follow with a micro fiber cloth and finish with the Zerostat. I don't know which part of Texas you're in, but when I lived in West Texas my static problems were as big as they now are in Colorado. In Dallas I had a lesser problem and mostly in the winter. In East Texas I suspect you'll have no problems with static.

Different styli do make a difference. Soundsmith's strain guage and top end moving iron cartridges produce less surface noise by raising the resonant frequency of the cantilever out of the hearing range. Stylus shape also has something to do with what you'll hear.

Dave
I tried a new one this year, that's

A good one

I hope, it will not become noisy after some runs.
Yes, SE should not be too static-y except for the fact that it is so hot and humid that you run the AC 10 months of the year. That can dry things out a bunch. But I thought I was addressing that with the Zerostat, Audioquest brush, and GruvGlide. Also, the problem gets progressively worse with sucessive playings on individual records. It's a pain in the A__