analog newbie questions...

Okay, so I'm totally new to this whole audiophile hobby thing, but am quickly becoming obsessed with it. A lot of the questions I'm going to ask might sound stupid, but please bear with me.

To start things off, I plan on purchasing a Rega P1. I've read a lot of reviews on it and it seems like a great entry level TT with excellant features and not too many frills. I'm also aware that I will most likely nees to buy a pre-amp, and I think I'm going with the Cambridge Audio 540p. As you can tell, I'm not trying to spend a ton of money here. Now, here's where I have a question... should I get an integrated amp instead of a receiver? If so, then the only thing I'll need to get are some decent speakers, right?
stormjoe1985
No, you will not need a separate phono pre-amp. Any integrated amp which has a built-in phono stage will allow you to plug your turntable's wires directly into the amp. Move the amp's selector switch to "phono," turn on your turntable, drop your stylus into the LP's lead-in groove, and enjoy the tunes ! It couldn't be any easier.
If you are seeking speakers, take a look at the Kirksaeter Prisma 210's. I liked them so much I bought two sets and am using one set for rears in a HT. Very efficient great speakers. I think Rick at Audioforce still has a great deal on them. I am not associated with Audioforce, just a satisfied customer. If the deal is still running the pair will come with a free center you can sell if you dont want it for even a better deal.