Best, or ideal record clamp

Record clamps seem to be an obvious benefit in the process of playing records. Do record clamps work with every turntable? Are there certain clamps specific to brand A or B turntable because they work better with these brands? What is considered to be an excellent after market record clamp? I was recently told the HR record clamp is a good one to purchase. If so, what are the differences? Any advice is welcome. I own 2 turntables. One is a Brinkman, the other a Thorens TD124.
frontier1
Just a contrarian view FWIW. I used clamps religiously on VPI tables (HW-19 Mk. 3 and TNT Mk. 2) for at least 15 years, then was playing around with a Ringmat on the TNT and was surprised at how much better I liked it. Unclamped, that is. I went from there to a Boston Audio Mat I on the TNT and subsequently on my current replinthed Lenco and have had no desire to go back to the bother and (to me) dulled sound of a clamp. BTW, back when I thought these things were desirable, I went all the way to a $250 Black Diamond Racing clamp. As is obvious, YMMV. Dave
Do the TTweights threaded Clamps for VPI have a dished underside, like the VPI Clamps, to work in conjunction, with the Rubber Washer on a VPI Platter? From the pics on his site, I see no evidence of this, just a dead flat underside? Mark