Micro SX-8000 II or SZ-1

Does anybody know if there is a mayor difference between the Micro-Seiki SX-8000 II and the "flagship" SZ-1?
A friend told me I should look for a SZ-1 because it offers a better motor. Having a SX-8000 II I am not shure whether it is worth looking for a SZ-1 or only for another motor-unit?
thuchan
11flat6, Yes, I agree.

Dkarmeli, yes, I agree with this as long as relative horizontal movement is fixed. However, I was more concerned with relative vertical movement between the three and this would be dependent on the type of isolation and if it moves in the vertical plane. I'm most familiar with Vibraplane platforms and if one deflates at a different rate than the others, problems with belt tension and thus speed may occur.

I suppose if the movement is slight and only in the vertical direction and the belt/thread has the room to move up or down the platter, but the horizontal distance remains the same, there would not be any problems.
Peterayer, in Tuchan's set up there are 3 separate fixed platforms sitting on top of a larger shelf. There's no movement in any direction unless intentional. Quality 4 point active air bladders will eliminate the issue you mention. Even then the affect of passive one loosing moderate level depends on the turntable setup or the equipment that's sitting on top of it. Personally I'm not a fan of air platforms under high mass tables, but that's relative to my equipment and tastes.
Theoretically, you are setting up a system with three different resonant characteristics, which could either be inaudible or cause some issues due to a negative effect on the constancy of belt tension. (One platform in vibration or resonating while another is not, etc.) I would be interested to know, theoretically, why 3 is better than one. I am not claiming I know what's best, just interested in the theory.