Micro SX-8000 II or SZ-1

Does anybody know if there is a mayor difference between the Micro-Seiki SX-8000 II and the "flagship" SZ-1?
A friend told me I should look for a SZ-1 because it offers a better motor. Having a SX-8000 II I am not shure whether it is worth looking for a SZ-1 or only for another motor-unit?
thuchan
Kip, cograts on that vibraplane - I looked it up on ebay, you got a great deal. I would only make one change at a time in a system, so let me now if you want to think about a mat later. BTW, I heard from Asian audiophiles that the Micro-Seiki Cu-180 copper mat does not elevate the performance of the RX series, but does have a positive impact on the SX series as an alternative to using the suction on the platter. I hope to have that SX up and running in a couple of weeks and will report back.

Steve
Steve, you´re right. The Micro Cu 180 platter brings a lot more dynamics and clear details. I don`t use it on my Micro (because of the lips!) but on my Nakamichi. Nevertheless using the Cu platter you might need an additional very fine and light mat to give additional stability for the sound. Both are worth a try!
Hallo Tuchan. Ich kenne jemanden, der sowohl einen kompletten SX-8000 MK II sowie einen SZ-1T Ultimate anbietet. Bei Interesse kontaktieren Sie mich einfach unter meiner privaten email-adresse.
Beste Grüße aus München/Berlin
Frankpiet
I am considering now buying a second SX 8000 II because it should be the best solution for the inertia function. Means: the RY-5500 II motor unit drives the first SX-8000II, and the SX-8000 II drives the other SX-8000 II as shown in the system of Syntax on the two RX-5000. Based on the platter if it is 1:1 (same size) the speed should be no problem and the SX-8000's platter (or 1500, 5000) is heavier then the HS-80's small plate -this should lead to a more stable and wider sound stage. Also another four tonearms could be mounted on the second SX 8000 II. The first SX-8000 II absorbs variations from the motor then driving the second SX-8000 II. Sound will have an 30% improvement in comparison to the one set SX-8000II + HS-80.

Thuchan, had the configuration that you proposed with 6 arms and used a second platter as inertia buffer. I can testify that it did not make sense. The 8000 is fine-enough itself and the actions-result ratio with what you willing to do it very low, in fact there is none. I do not know what you are trying to accomplish (OK, I know) but I assure you that I was there and it was not worth it. Sure, you can do whatever you wish...
Fm login, agree. That´s why I changed my approach. It makes sense with a bearing of a RX 5000 but not with the air bearing of the SX 8000. I installed a flywheel using a VPI double motor, the SDS fine & precise speed and power controlling and an original Micro Seiki wire. You my have a look at my page.