What is the Phono stage you have finished with?

Hello, Like many I have an e.a.r 834p, and it has served me well for many years, I am now however looking for a new MC phono stage. I am up for going quite a few stages up from the ear (so the next phono will last me a few years!).

Would like to hear from you guys who have already gone down this road!
Happy listening

Cheers
James
sme10
I really want an Art Audio Vinyl Reference, it is what I would get and will get. I currently have an inexpensive Musical surroundings Phenomena stage. It is good, but not good enough.
I would recommend one of Lloyd Walker's phono stage's, or if you cannot find one of those, try an Einstein's Choice stage.

Cheers,
John
An ASR Exclusive Phono will leave you speechless at first listen.
Just like everything, they do come up for sale used.
Coupled with a new or used top flight preamp you will be finished wanting more.
Five years later, still have the EAR 834p. I had Mitch Singerman replace the resistors with Caddocks and caps with Hovland Musicaps. I also use Telefunken Tubes in it. So it's a much improved version of the stock unit.
I can live indefinitely with the sound that I get from the EAR 834p. The only thing I miss is adjustable gain and loading.

Cheers.
I am very happy with my Aesthetix Io mk2 with volume, going direct to my amp, especially after I got a new set of tubes from Aesthetix. Blends well with the Krell. A friend has a Manley Steelhead and a good tube amp, going the other way so to speak. Each setup has its strengths; I enjoy the huge soundscape and dynamics of my own system.