VPI turnover

SOmetime a loud POP sound will come out from the speaker when I put a LP on the VPI Aries with 10.5i. Will it be something to do with the grounding. My old VPI9" arm have a grounding cable connect to the RCA connection box, however the 10.5i don;t have. Please adivse.

Thanks
gerbie
Static electricity perhaps? Does it happen year around or only in cold, dry months?
It happened after I installed the CJ pre-amp, and it was after X'mas, maybe the dry and colder weather. But it is never happening before with the Manley Steelhead.
My CJ Premier 17LS2 was a holy terror as far as static was concerned. When I switched to an Aesthetix Calypso the static problems diminished to the vanishing point. The CJ tended to mute often when I touched it, and I got loud static pops whenever I touched anything else made of metal in the system, including the tone arm.
you are absolutely correct, that's what happening to me, sometime when I put on or leave up the LP and hit the spindle, all the lights on my CJ will light up and if I tried to use the remote to mute it, the loud POP sound will come out. What is the best solution to solve it beside to change the CJ?