Linn LP 12

In the good old days one could purchase an LP 12 SANS arm and outboard power supply and use a modified armboard to facilitate use of Rega arms. Can NEW LP-12s be purchased in the same manner? I ask because I've heard something about Linn force-feeding the "full-monty" to the consumer w/o offering the option of buying a BASIC model. I ask because I want to purchase the LP-12 to use with my Rega arm. I do not want to buy into the Linn arm or the Linn PS.
lindisfarne
The beauty of the LP12 is that all upgrades from 1972 to current can be added to a table built at any time. The bad news is that is not cheap. I bought a used table 2 yrs ago and the dealer went through it completely at that time. New Springs, adjustments etc. I also added a Cirkus brg, New wood base(cherry), new hinges, trampoline and upgraded the cable to Cardas GR. I love the sound of the table but am considering trading or selling in favor one less finiky. But if you buy one there is a dealer in Ft Collins Colo. that can rebuild these in his sleep.
I have an LP12 w/lingo (circa 1991) with a Rega RB300 arm. I love it dearly, so I am not by any means a Linn-basher.

Having said that...

I have compared it to several new LP12's with all the trimmings, like the cirkus and trampolin and most of the Linn arms. I can honestly say that I like the pre-cirkus table better, and I am highly suspicious of the Linn arms (like all Linn products). I think you are better off with a used LP12 and Rega arm. Plus you will save a ton of money. However you really should find an HONEST Linn mechanic to set it up. I know that's hard!