VPI hw19jr Audioquest PT-8 arm G-ring 1042 cart

My previous table was a Kab Technics w/ damper, Cardas, etc and I am waiting delivery of the VPI. With a budget of around $200-250 what would be a good phono cable for this to my CJ pre amp? Also what type of alignment tool would you reccommend for this? And finally, Am I going to be happy with this in comparison to my previous table?
zenblaster
Cheapest, most cost efficient route for a good Protractor, would be the Turntable Basics Mirror Protractor. Better choices, but more costly, would be the Ken Willis Arc Protractor, or the MintLP Protractor from Hong Kong. This Arm uses Baerwald Null Geometry

With either Arc Protractor, one should accurately measure, and insure what the Spindle-Pivot Distance is, and not assume it is at 211mm. With the TB Protractor, one will not need to know S-P Distance, but will need to accurately aim the sight line, and this can be enhanced with a piece of thread stretched from the sight line to the center of Arm Pivot. Mark
Markd51- Thanks for all your insight into this table. You gave me plenty to work on today. Fortunately my hands and eyes still work relatively well and your instruction was very clear. It is a simple table at heart and I should be able to master it in time. A few spins so far have produced a very nice sound, good dynamics and a pretty dark, noise free background. I am thinking about the Mintlp protractor, it gets such rave reviews and there is no better feeling than knowing your cartridge is properly dialed in.
Thanks again, Zen
Hi, I hate that triangle cover, and actually even VPI, I was told thinks the table is better without it ? Plus it is easier to move the belt for a speed change. I also think it looks cleaner without it. It was there to protect the pulley, but I believe you are more likely to screw up the arm, much more then you ever screw up the pulley. If you go to a good hardware store, you should find by all there screws, nut, bolts, etc... some little black plastic plugs that will fit right in the holes where the screws are. Plug the holes and it looks real nice !!