VPI hw19jr Audioquest PT-8 arm G-ring 1042 cart

My previous table was a Kab Technics w/ damper, Cardas, etc and I am waiting delivery of the VPI. With a budget of around $200-250 what would be a good phono cable for this to my CJ pre amp? Also what type of alignment tool would you reccommend for this? And finally, Am I going to be happy with this in comparison to my previous table?
zenblaster

Showing 2 responses by waynefia

Try Ultimate Cables out of Canada, he makes some nice looking din/RCA phone cables for about $85.00 He advertises on Audiogon and also has a website. I have one here and it looks quality, but I have not tried it yet. It has nice RCA's Neutrik I believe, and Cardas DIN, double shielded,50/50 copper silver cryo treated. He only makes about 5 different cables to keep the costs down.
Hi, I hate that triangle cover, and actually even VPI, I was told thinks the table is better without it ? Plus it is easier to move the belt for a speed change. I also think it looks cleaner without it. It was there to protect the pulley, but I believe you are more likely to screw up the arm, much more then you ever screw up the pulley. If you go to a good hardware store, you should find by all there screws, nut, bolts, etc... some little black plastic plugs that will fit right in the holes where the screws are. Plug the holes and it looks real nice !!