Tonearm for rega Planar 3

Hi all,
Just purchased a Planar 3 here sans tonearm. I would like to install a good arm. Any suggestions other than the rb300/301? Is the 301 a better arm than the 300? Any experiences with the Michell or Moth versions? I will be using a Grado Platinum cartridge. Should I go with a rega cartridge as well?
Thanks
skipper320
Stanwal,

Actually, I don't know if the perfect turntable will ever be built. I do know that the interaction between the device and the associated pieces should be as minimal as possible, no matter who makes it. I don't believe I am the only turntable builder who believes this should be the case. Sorry if you are somehow offended, but those are my beliefs on the issue. I told you I made a turntable in an e-mail because you treated me as if I were a novice. I never intended my status as a manufacturer to cast a shadow in the conversation, which is why my correspondence to you was offline. It was you who published that private correspondence, but carry on.
And it was you that implied that if I did not agree with you that my equipment must be at fault. When you jump into the middle of a discussion on how to help an individual in a particular situation with sweeping assertions that all accepted ideas about turntable design are incorrect you must forgive me for assuming that you are misinformed. I try never to argue with designers about the merits of their designs anymore than I dispute parents assertions about the incomparable virtues of their children. I also understand the difference between logic and science in the investigation of phenomena; logic can tell us what ought to be true, science what is true. Your status as a manufacture becomes relevant when you start to criticize the work of other manufactures while posing as a disinterested observer. This has gone on far too long , the OP was satisfied long ago, the members of the audiogon community who are actually motivated by giving helpful advice having preformed their function. I will file anything further under the "useless theoretical dispute file".
Come on guys. Enough. Let's get back to Skipper320.

Personally, I wouldn't consider the 3 point mounting design of the RB251 an important consideration. I doubt you'll hear any difference between a 251 and a 250. I see an RB250 with a Michell Tecnoweight in the classifieds right now that's close to your price point. In my experience, the Tecnoweight was a more significant improvement than the rewire.