Linn LP-12 still competitive with the very best?

Hi folks, I wonder if the Linn LP-12 is still competitive with the best offerings from Avid, VPI, TW Acoustics, Teres, Galibier and Transrotor. If that is the case, then it's cheaper to go for a LP-12. What are the weak points of the LP-12? Which tt is better: the Thorens TD124 or Linn LP-12?

Chris
dazzdax
Drubin: As long as there is a forum here on the Gon for me and others to speak, we shall speak as we wish. Also as I see it Lrsky is saying the same as I about Linn.
I don't have an issue with the discussion of Linn's marketing practices, What I was referring to was your seeming insistence that we all concede that you are right, that Linn is not the best.
Drubin:What makes you think that I was trying to convince you? I read your postings, and you were saying the same as I.
Thanks Drubin,
Sometimes, actually, most of the time, I wonder if I sound like some old geezer on a park bench, or worse yet Forrest Gump telling these stories.
They're from my perspective to be sure, and I try to be complely faithful to the truth. What's wierd is that some of them sound so outlandish--but when I think about it, it's because they are outlandish that I realize, at least I hope people realize that that's why they're true. I have a vivid imagination, but I couldn't make these kinds of thing up. It's funny the amount of information one acquires in 25 years in an industry, from all perspectives,
Hobbiest, Store Owner, VP for a Manufacturer, Designer, and manufacturing company owner.
Stay tuned Drub, I'm sure a dead brain cell will spit another out when prompted by a thread.
I have a mid 80's Sondek 12 with a Basic tone arm and a Nagaoka cart and love the set up. Works very well with my Cary tube amp and Cary tube preamp. Good bang for the buck.