Senior Audiophiles - Audiophile since the 60-70's?

How many Senior (true) Audiophiles do we have here since the 70's or prior?

What was your favorite decade and why?

What are your thoughts of the current state of Audio?

Would you trade your current system for a past system?
brianmgrarcom
Guys, humor me a little. I remember when most of us had limited internet or long distance contacts, but when we interacted with other audiophiles it was more collegial than is the case now. Everyone was more constructive.

Today with the internet and on Audiogon and Audio Asylum you mainly get negative and caustic responses frequently from people who know nothing that would give them that authority.

I guess what I wonder is if others have had that experience or if I am just being an old man unchanging with the times.

Another more interest question that I have wondered about is whether you all think your present system is the best you have had.
Tbg...Yes, things have changed. It used to be that the "experts" were those with the best technical skills, and experience, but nowadays it seems to be those with the most money to spend. Ok, but it aint the same, and leads to a lot of snobishness.
I'm 51 but my Dad gave me his giant home made labyrinth 2way coax loudspeaker when I was 14 and I've been at it from then on. It was mono driven by a 40's vintage Bogen integrated and a 45 player. Never saw another tube set until the late 90's, now I'm all tube top to bottom.
The rock music of the late 60's and 70's was the best but I live in the here and now and there is good music all around. I crank up the big bands when I'm thinking of Dad's old hi-fi!

Thanx,
Russ
My best system is my current one with Maggie 3.6R, ARC SP-14 phono stage, ARC LS 16 MKII linestage, Linn LP-12 Valhalla/Akito/Blue Point Special record playing system, Sony SACD, and Rotel/Genesis/Theta CD combo. However, I really miss the system I had in the late 70's with my Yamaha YPD-71 turntable with Sonus Blue Gold Label cartridge, Luxman R1050 receiver, and Audioanalyst M6 speakers. The YPD-71 was a 31 pound turntable that really did sound good despite being direct drive. The Sonus cartridge had a wonderfully transparent midrange to die for. The Luxman R1050 was a gorgeous box that had wonderful ergonomics and a decent phono section and adequate power. The Audioanalyst M6 was a little-known 2 cubic foot box that had true 30hz response and a rare for the time crossover that made an attempt at phase coherence. It was an imaging champ and intensely musical. I still think of the magic that system delivered so effortlessly.
OopS - Forgot to menetion my favorite system from years gone by. It was a CM Labs 914 amp,Audio Research SP 4 preamp,Denon DP 1200 with a Denon 103D cartridge. Speakers were stacked Large Advents. That was it. No designer interconnects,speaker cable or power cords. That was way before designer cords came on the market. Still miss that amp though, it was magical.

As good as it was then will keep what I have now, but ever find a CM Labs 912 Power amp that is fully operational,would snag one of those in a heart beat.

Had this up and running from 1976 to about 1984 or so.