Allaerts down-repair or ??

After about a year in my system,the ECO has ceased to produce any sounds from the left-hand channel.After speaking with my dealer and Audio Advancements,I was told that it would take at least 6 months to get the cartridge repaired.After inquiring further,it appears as if 24 months or more may be the "real" time period.
Would having someone else take a "look" be an unwise course of action,as this would negate my "warranty".
Your thoughts?
Happy Holidays and thanks in advance for your response.
tpsonic
I got my MC1B in June this year after a 16 month wait; I had to be very patient. Based on my recollection, the Dealer in Singapore mentioned the retip/ repair takes a few months.
I have thoroughly enjoyed this cartridge,though it looks like I may need another,while this one is re-built/repaired.Am considering the Soundsmith "Voice" as the interum contender w/o over-spending.It sounds like an interesting cartridge.Can anyone comment on its' durability? I use the cueing on my Encounter arm,as I have limited vision dus to my diabetes (vitrectomy/cataracts).
Merry Christmas!
Did I read this correctly? The cartridge is just over a year old and now needs to be rebuilt, an operation that will take 1 to 2 years?
I have sent the cartridge to "The Soundsmith" to be evaluated.Upon determination of the problem,it will be forwarded to Allaerts for repair/re-build.Jan Allaerts has contacted me,after sending an e-mail.He stated that the cartridge was built in 2003 and that I should check the input of the phonostage for DC voltage.I understand the cartridge is now being built with a ruby cantilever,which I may have him add during its' repair.
Is it unusual for a cartridge built in 2003 to be sold as "new" by a dealer? As I understand it, these cartridges are in high demand and there is a wait for their delivery.
Thanks for all the help and comments.Best regards,Tom
Tom, did you understand why Jan asked you to "check the input of the phonostage for DC voltage"? You definitely should do that. If the SoundSmith reports that it has a fried coil, that's probably the reason. Jan's cartridges have EXTREMELY fine coil wires that are easily burned by improperly designed or operating phonostages.