Would Like To Hear From Strain Gauge Owners

I would like to hear from owners of Strain Gauge cartridges (particularly Soundsmith owners)as to how you like the strain gauge system compared to previous cartridges you have owned. Is there any drawbacks to the Soundsmith Strain Gauge system?

I am located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. Is there any Soundsmith Strain Gauge owners in the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana area?

I read the review of the Strain Gauge system on Audiogon by Vac man. It was a very good review and answered many questions for me. I would like to hear from others who also own strain gauge cartridges.

Thanks in advance for any info that you can give me.
slowhand
DISCLAIMER: Rauliruegas is co-designer and co-manufacture of the Essential 3160 Solid State Preamp with built-in phonostage.
Dear Raul;

I cant read anymore of your posts. Also, the sign off

"Regards and enjoy the music"

is like a diet soda bad aftertaste, and the music now sounds more off-key, not nearly as clear, and nowhere as much fun. Thanks for taking the joy out of my day, and oh yes, for the belated "top of your mind" after-thought on my health. Etiquette is not your long suit.

signing off for a long, long time,

peter ledermann/soundsmith
Peter,

Thanks for chiming in. I have heard the SG and I think it sounds great! I am so sick of hearing about this RIAA standard I could puke. I posted this thread to find out if other people liked what they heard from the SG. Raul, a simple no would have sufficed. Raul, you posted 15 times on this thread and basically just repeated the same thing over and over. I did not know you were a designer of a phono stage. Thanks Dan ed for pointing this out. Raul, you lost all credibility with me by slamming someone else's product and not stating up from that you were a designer and competitor.

Peter,

I am sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you are well soon. I would like to talk to you more about the SG when you are feeling better.
Dear Slowhand: That's why I have to repeat and repeat: I'm not a competitor, the SG can't compete with MC/MM cartridges: can you understand it after " repetitive " 15 posts?.

I'm not slamming, I'm trying to pointing out/find out what is " around " the SG to understand what kind of device it is.

Between other things this is what you can read in the Soundsmitht web-site:

+++++ " No "RIAA" filter multi-stage preamp circuitry is required or used in our preamp - We have just one ULTRA clean gain stage between you and your music (RIAA compensation IS required for "velocity" sensitive magnetic cartridges - The Strain Gauge is a "displacement" device......which automatically compansates for the RIAA EQ, " ++++++

when almost any one read that a " cartridge ( SG ) " does not needs a RIAA stage because " automatically compensates for the RIAA eq.: you have to ask ( only by curiosity ) how is that?.
At least one other people ( read the link I posted ) ask about and no one( like you) was " angry " because of that. Maybe you can't understand the importance to know how the SG works but IMHO I think that I make me a favor to learn about and maybe some other people can/could appreciate that.

Slowhand if something has a white color and I ask you which is the color of that " something ": what is your answer? because mine is " white " IMHO the things must be called for their " names " its precise names, that's the way I'm: not to polite, NO.

With al respect to you I don't care if I lost credibility with you only because I want to find the true: I don't care I always go for the true, nothing wrong for that. It is lewd/improper try to " hide " the true when you have it in front of you, if for this I lost my credibility then : welcome!

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.