Would Like To Hear From Strain Gauge Owners

I would like to hear from owners of Strain Gauge cartridges (particularly Soundsmith owners)as to how you like the strain gauge system compared to previous cartridges you have owned. Is there any drawbacks to the Soundsmith Strain Gauge system?

I am located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. Is there any Soundsmith Strain Gauge owners in the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana area?

I read the review of the Strain Gauge system on Audiogon by Vac man. It was a very good review and answered many questions for me. I would like to hear from others who also own strain gauge cartridges.

Thanks in advance for any info that you can give me.
slowhand
I have never been big on "standards" or measurements. I will take a piece of equipment that sounds great to my ears over one that measures great. I have spoken to 3 people that own the strain gauge cartridge and all 3 say it sounds great to them. Not all of them feel it is the best they have ever heard, but they all feel it is extremely good. I found one person that owns a pair of Gallo's and has heard the SG on them. he feels they are a great match.
Dear Dan: You like other people have a big mis-understood about , the SG device does not compete with any other cartridge/phono stage because it is out of the RIAA standard WITH WHICH ALMOST ALL YOUR LPS WERE RECORDED!!!: CAN/COULD YOU UNDERSTAND THE MAIN AN CRITICAL SUBJECT HERE??????, you can't compare apples with oranges.

The SG is not a " normal " cartridge it is a different device, for say the least.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Peterayer: +++++ " Some phono stages even offer different curves (selectabe by the user)for a more accurate reproduction of certain recordings. " +++++

yes, for Lps recorded before the RIAA standard, as a fact that was one of the RIAA targets: that stop to have so many different curves from different record manufacturers that was and will be a big " problem " because if the RIAA don't " stop " ( thank that they convince to the recording industry all the advantages that will be to take one and only one standard curve for the years to come ) at that time maybe today we could have 20-30 different curves ( from 20-30 different record manufacturers. ) and then we need it phono stages with 20-30 different curves!!!!!!!! to play each one different, my God: could you imagine?

Almost all the Lps you own and the ones that are recorded in this days are recorded according to the RIAA standard eq. and if you want to " read it " you need to read it with he RIAA standard process, Peter the SG does not " read " with the RIAA standard NORM.

It is very simple: if you are " reading " a book that came writing in English for you can understand it perfectly you have to read it in English not in French my friend. Now if you can uderstand this then you can understand that that is exactly what the SG is doing: " reading " an English book in French ( because it does not understand the English language. ), interesting no!. Well this is exactly what you hear/read when you play a LP through the SG device.

Now, please any one of you , if you have any doubt of what I posted or if you can prove that I'm totally wrong please come here an explain in deep why?: thank you in advance.

Raul.
Dear Slowhand: +++++ " I have never been big on "standards" or measurements.... " +++++

unfortunately if you can't understand about the RIAA eq. standard then it is useless to have a " decent " dialog with you about because ( with all respect ) you can't understand nothing and this is a big big problem: more that you think.

+++++ " I will take a piece of equipment that sounds great to my ears over one " +++++

maybe in other subject I could agree with your statement but in the SG/RIAA standard IMHO your argument is totally out of order.

+++++ " I found one person that owns a pair of Gallo's and has heard the SG on them. he feels they are a great match. " +++++

I respect your friend opinion but IMHO his music sound priorities and knowledge are really and very poor.

Peter we have to grow-up on our audio/music learning curve, growing-up in the right direction.

Raul.