What's the Best LP You Bought in 2008

For purposes of holiday "Wish List" building, with BOTH excellent music and excellent sonics as criteria, what is the best LP you've bought this year?

For me, it's Shelby Lynne - Just a Little Lovin'

Cheers,
Spencer
128x128sbank
Lou Reed/ John Cale : Songs for Drella reissue from orig mastertapes 180 Gm vinyl just puts my skin out of there... beautiful...
Jack Johnson, all four of his albums after hearing him on Pandora radio. One of the albums is noisey though, kind of disappointing.

Cat Power You Are Free is also very good, but this is the other new album that I bought that was noisey.
Based on the recommendation here and the Hoffman forum I bought the drive by truckers "brighter than creation's dark" and agree that the sonics are great. Record is not my thing though but can see the craftmanship

The hendrix axis bold as love mono 200 grams I found was my pic
For the year

By the way, anyone want mint double lp drive by truckers for $20 with $3 shipping lemme know
Jloveys

Agreed Songs for Drella is a beautiful album, did you know it was Lou and John's first collaboration in many years? Sadly they were brought together by the death of Andy Warhol...

btw how does it sound on vinyl? Which edition do you have?

thanks

Phil
Phil: it is a Sire Records German pressing 180 gm. reissue from original mastertapes. Sounds wonderful. I am a Velvet fan !