What tonearms are compatible with a Scoutmaster?

I can see from VPI's site that the 10.5i is compatible, but the 12.7 tonearm page doesn't mention compatibility.

Are there other brands of tonearms compatible with a Scoutmaster?

I currently have a Sig JMW-9 and plan on getting a Dynavector XV-1s and want to get a suitable tonearm.

Thanks in advance.
madfloyd
Well, admittedly I would like to stay with my table since I've invested in pretty much every upgrade apart from the arm. I'm attracted to the 10.5i since it allows VTA on the fly (something I've never attempted to adjust with my 9" since it's a bit of a hassle).

It also looks like VPI will allow me to trade in my 9 sig for the 10.5i.

Thanks, all, it seems like this will be a good step for now.
Told you Harry wants you in a 10! As he notes on his site and in person, the other mfgrs are getting on the bus with longer arms. SME thinks so much of the 312 they built a new deck around it. Again, your "platform" will serve as budget and ears allow, far into the future. Please disregard the old fashioned/uninformed advice regarding losing your investment.
The 312, of course, is basically one of SME's entry level products (the entire 3 series) and should not be mentioned in the same breath as the tonearms alluded to in my earlier post.

Unless of course one has very little experience which seems to be the case here.

As such it is a bad example and not relevant to this discussion.

Experienced vinylphiles know this; others as you read here simply have no clue.
Madfloyd,
Slow down,

If you have the coin to consider purchasing a suitable arm for a Dynavector XV-1,
I would strongly suggest NOT to put that kind of money into your ScoutMaster.

If you want to stay with VPI, move up the line.

Or give serious consideration to a completely different brand , new or slightly used.

It is not that much of a problem to adjust the VTA on a VPI 9. You can adjust it while the record is being played if you're careful. You do know about that large knurled thumbscrew that the arm is sitting on....Sure the 10.5 is easier and has a gage which permits repeatability, however, if you use your ears, you can do a good job.