Turntable selection advise

I have to admit that I am no audiophile nor do I have the funds to purchase some of the extravagant systems out there, I'm just a simple guy looking for simple advise. So far, I have looked into 3 turntables and I am wondering if some of you could assist me with my selection process. I just want to play vinyl that's all, hmmm audio nirvana ~!

So far I have looked into various TT and my selection is as follows.

1) Technics SL1200MK2
2) Technics 1210M5
3) Audio Technica AT-PL120

I like the fact that the Audio Technica has a built in phono pre amp and it plays at 3 different LP's speed rates (33, 45 and 78)

Could someone please advise the pro's and con's of my above selection?
chgolatin2
Robert,
be sure you check out KABUSA dot com. they offer all kind of real technics TT upgrades. The two I would pop for are the cardas arm re-wire and the dampening trough.

All the best;

John (up in Lake County)
I agree with others that recommend the Technics SL1200MK2. I also suggest an Audio Technica AT150MX cartridge and Bottlehead Seduction phono stage. This should give you plenty of listening enjoyment. I don't think you'll be able to do better for the price. Some forums to check out:

I just went up two notches in resolution
Bottlehead Seduction Phono Stage question
Thanks to all for all the help, my budget currently is not the best so I will keep my options open until I can hit the road running again.
I would second the Rega recommendation. I believe you can get the P1 for under $400. This would be a much better option than any of the cheap motor-driven Technics, etc. Belt-drive is the way to go.
Post removed