Were any of you taping concerts circa 1972-88?

I would love to connect with anyone else who was taping on cassette or reel to reel in the era using good gear. I am mostly nterested in rock (I suppose "classic rock") artists. Not so much the Dead or jam bands.

Because the gear was expensive, a lot of early tapers were hi-fi enthusiasts so I figure there could be some lurking here.

BK for JEMS
butterking
Yes

But many of our recordings were of that era where tape binders were hydoscopic.

TDK Audia and Scotch professional were just awful in that regard. Once the deed was done my big TASCAM didn't have the horsepower to drag that tape across the heads.

Baking tape gave you a single shot at it, frequently with diminished frequency response.
I had an Akai reel as well as a Kenwood cassette. I still use my reel, which is now a Technics 2 track.

At that time, an Empire turntable, and a V15 cartridge was the thing, they were some really beautiful TT's.

Since I'm into jazz, I can't help you with the music, although I've been giving cassettes away by the dozens. I'm sure there is someone like me who no longer has any use for very well recorded and good sounding cassettes, who would gladly share their love of rock with you.
Yeah - I had a nice sounding JVC portable tape deck. It made warm sounding recordings. My buddy had a nakamichi 550, which was very good.