Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
Hi Kipdent,

Look in Walgreen's small appliance section. Some seem to stock them, some don't. I recently found (but did not buy) the old Perfection steamer in one WG, so try more than one store.

As an option, consider the Shark from Kmart. I auditioned both the Lifestyles steamer and the Shark. From what I can tell, they both come from the same factory in China. Both perform in a similar fashion. The biggest difference is a sensory one. The Lifestyles steamer comes with black accessories, the Shark with gray. However, the difference goes deeper than the color. When using the Lifestyles steamer with accessories, a strong "burning tire" smell has to be contended with. The Shark's attachments emit no such odor. That, coupled with my perception that the Shark performed marginally better, was enough to convince me to keep the Shark.

There is also the Shark Bottle sprayer, which I tried and returned. It apparently operates similarly to the McCullough steamer in that you must pump water with a trigger (think spray mist bottle) periodically in order to keep the steam flowing. I never really mastered the technique of pumping at the right intervals to keep the steam flowing. I distrusted the pump for longevity reasons as well.

Good luck.
Kip & I have been communicating with Walgreens. We may have found a solution. Stop-bye in a fews days for our resolution of this challenge. Charlie
Hi all,
I cant find either of these steamers at my local walgreens stores. If anyone finds one, please let me know.
Any experience with the mccullugh(sp) or the other handheld steamer that wal mart sells.
Thanks
Update on the above post. I managed to find the living solutions steam cleaner while on a layover in New York at Walgreens. It wasn't on the website, but the store had at least 10 of them. They were hidden on the bottom shelf in the houseware/appliance aisle.The manager said it is exactly the same as the perfection unit sans the lead power cord. Haven't tried it yet, but I will follow up when I do.
Readers : "Sans Lead Power Cord" Hello, THAT was what I was pleading about ... As in LEAD. Again, No fuss, just wash up or glove your hand(s)...But respect your family & pets keeping all safe.

Kip: Sorry , Tomorrow I will have the information