Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
Doak: The MC 1235 contains many innovations . The power; 1300 watts, 10oz. water capacity, the unit is a instant steam maker , unlike traditional water boilers that depend on boiling all its contents. The MC 1235 injects water into a micro-chamber that creates a bloom of steam that you can control using a hi-lo switch located on the handel.The only draw back is that you only press the water injection trigger once , wait 2 seconds for a 2-3 second bloom of steam then trigger again. Holding down the trigger for more that a second is not recommended, it will splurt a tad. Since the water tank is not under pressure it can be refilled at any time no cooling off period. The accessories are pretty much standard ;however, the nozzels are machined with brass inserts that are substancial & accurate.
"The only draw back is that you only press the water injection trigger once , wait 2 seconds for a 2-3 second bloom of steam then trigger again."

Hmmmm.... after using the Perfection over several months, the prospect of not having a continuous "stream" of steam or having to wait for it to "develop" would appear to be a significant "drawback." Is it not so in actual use? We clean a lot of records here. Anything that may slow down the process would not be a welcome change.

I REALLY like the idea of the continuous fill tank, so that's definitely on the plus side for the MC1235.

More details and comments from more users are most welcome.
Doak "We clean a lot of records here. Anything that may slow us down that process would not be a welcome change". It would be helpful to know who you are , the number of records steamed per day & for what reason. Are you a reseller ? Is this a business ?
I tried a Shark Steam Bottle which also utilized a trigger to pump water into the heating chamber. I personally did not care for this added requirement, much preferring to simply hold down the trigger on a Perfection-like model (also a Shark brand,) for continuous steam. Another concern was the quality of the pump. I've had bottle sprayers quit relatively quickly.

I guess the other advantages of the MC might make it worth considering if I were starting from scratch... but for now I'll keep the Shark.
Ho72 , The traditional water boilers do have a rightful place in steam cleaning records. As you may recall I have a slew of water boilers at home that are acceptable. My choice of the perfection was for a variety of reasons and I continue to feel it was one terrific value. I have a feeling that I'm a tad easier on the trigger. Even with the Perfection I rarely if ever have held a trigger down except for seconds at a time. I don't know why but thats the way I have always steam cleaned LPS. I my past life I was a Certified Handgun Instructor. Perhaps I squeese the trigger differently from that work. I gently squeese never pull using my wrist,hand-eye coordination to get the job done. I guess the MC 1235 fits my profile better. But I score it by performance and by that measure it has a place in my cleaning arsenal...(if you get my meaning).All the best.