Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
Tvad,
I don't have a steamer, yet. I would think the question about mold, etc is valid. I would also think you could address this by running a diluted bleach solution thru the unit. Of course, you would want to thoroughly rinse before the next use.
Post removed 
I'm in full agreement that Crem gets his due, thanks again Crem and hoping all is OK.

On the bottom of my box there is a statement
"Warning this product contains chemicals including lead known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm wash hands after use"

It does not say which part on the steamer. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow when they are open and get there thoughts.

I cleaned several lps yesterday that were cleaned by other than steaming. Hands down improvement to those lps. Quite and better sound.

Ericjcabrera i had many methods of cleaning my vinyl and resisted steaming. With the time it takes to clean your lps do your self a favor get a steamer and hear the difference. At this point i will be steaming lps in my collection that has not been steamed. The fact is steaming hands down is the best way to clean your vinyl records.
Yes. I looked on the bottom of the box first.
Then all 4 sides and the top.
And the instructions.
Not a word anywhere.
Probably means the lead is safe in Texas.

:-)
Dear Posters, I deeply thank you for you willingness to stand on the the principals of Steam Cleaning. Lets move forward , together.

Deep Stean Cleaning , in my view, is a scientifically sound, practical method to clean vinyl recordings. You 'Goners have proven that as fact. Tvad noted recently the importance of the final rinse. I believe his view can not be over-stressed. Without the final rinse ,certian record cleaners will not be removed and the benefits of deep steam cleaning may not be fully realized. In our discussions it appeas what water product is to be used for the final rinse continues to be an open question. I use Peak Battery Water ; former postings on AG make us aware That "Peak" is an option among many options. For instance, in the latest edition of "Stereophile" Mr. Fremer reviews the Gem Record Cleaner, that relys on a final rinse of pressured tap water. Tvad's remarks highlighting the final rinse are instructional. I hope further discussion as to product A VS product B shall continue.

Friends, I have requested AG delete the hurtful words in recent weeks on the closed thread ; please contact [email protected] to express your opinion. The closed thread contained factual, helpful information; why not restore it to the dignity that AG & we deserve.