SME V, Tri-Planar or Phantom B-44

To be mounted on a Raven AC (only one arm) what is your system or choice. No way will I get a chance to listen to any of these where I live (France). So would like any of you here to feed opinions.

My system is :

Raven AC
Nagra VPS
Nagra PL-L
Nat Audio SE1 (SET 211 tube)
Wilson Audio WP 5.1

I would be using a Lyra Argo i

Thanks
Tim
timnaim
I've had the SME V and the Graham 2.2 but not the Phantom. The Triplanar was immediately and obviously better than either of the others (with a variety of cartridges too). I've not heard the Phantom yet, but the word is that it is very good, so its down to a choice between those.

There is another thread here on that subject.
I've owned all three,but did not have the best table set-up for my Triplanar,yet it is definitely a superb arm.I liked it alot though,and you'll hear from alot of posters liking it too.

The SME was a good arm,but the Phantom is superb,in virtually any catagory....

BTW,there is NOW a NEW series II Phantom,which should be even better than the one we all know about.

Check Graham's web-site for details.

You will have a superb arm,with all these choices,so price could be a factor.

Good luck
Dear Tim: I like the SME V/IV for the Lyras, is a very good match.

Regards and enjoy the music.
raul.
Hey Sirspeedy, i should receive my Phantom in a couple of weeks after a 6 months wait. I guess with Bob's tribulations and problems with some of his part suppliers, it delayed the whole manufacturing/assembling process. Will be mounting it on my Cosmos. It will be replacing my beloved SME V. I guess i will be getting a series II. But.....i am not holding my breath. I will advise when i get it. Sly.
Tim, I took delivery of a Raven AC two weeks ago. I already had a Triplanar and ZYX Universe X and I think I will be very happy with the compination. I will double check a few elements of the set up when I have time in the next week but it is very nice now.

BTW, I had the Universe frist, later added the Triplanar before adding the Raven AC so its not like I set out to find the best match...it just evolved that way.

That said, I have realized the Raven and Phantom could be a better match and I would have spent more time learning about the phantom if I did not already have the Tri. You may know that Tom the maker of the Raven likes the Phantom from what I have heard. But then the Tri and Universe are a great match so it is easy to keep the two togeather.

I have no experience with the SME or the Lyras, but the SME was never on my list.

TD