Anti-skate

If the last song on your lp's sound the best, you have too much anti-skate.
mmakshak
Dear Mmakshak: I would like to know if your question is something that it is now happening in your home system or is only a " question ", could you tell us?

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Raul, it is something that I "found" with my previous turntable set-up. The "question" is something I could tell you(you being someone who is having difficulty setting up things, or is forced to use test records for this.). The "question" also is something to stimulate thinking into what anti-skate does or should do. I'm currently listening to what VTF does(close to, or within the manufacturer's specifications). My Linn Archiv cartridge has the advantage of 3 holes, so much of its alignment should be correct. I believe that VTF affects bass performance, mostly. I will post my findings here, when I am done. I'm doing this mostly to help people who might need some guidance on what to listen for. It's probably been posted elsewhere. BTW, as far as anti-skate, I believe that you have to settle for less than optimum playback on that last song.