Halcyonics under my tt. Wow

I just put my third, too expensive but wonderful, Halcyonic active isolation base under my Shindo Labs tt and am just overwhelmed by what I am hearing. I doubt if I will sleep tonight having 50 LPs that I "must" hear.

The ambient detail and realism is just shocking.

It is one of the great tragedies of audio that this device cannot be made somewhere for under $2000; I think they would sell hundreds. I know I would have one for every componnent. Mine was used.
tbg
As stated by Stringreen these isolation devises are very system dependent.Therefore before I take the plunge and possibly make another costly mistake I ask:Has anyone had experience with any isolation shelve beneath a Kuzma Stabi Reference Turntable ?
Tbg,where are your other two Halcyonics placed
18 months ago i had the Halcyonics in my system for one evening.....unbelieveable! and that was compared to my Grand Prix Audio Monaco SE with formula shelves which is among the very best passive isolation approaches. i had it under my digital transport. it focused the sound in a perfectly natural way that was a revelation of what is possible.

i then spent quite a bit of time investigating this approach. if you can afford it; you would want every piece of gear you own, including your speakers, on an active isolation platform. these platforms were developed for use with an electron microscope where there is no place to hide from the truth.

the 'Minus K' is a passive device and not nearly in the performance realm of an active device like the Halcyonics.

if you really want to understand this technology, you can read a tutorial for the Herzan 'Table Stable' which is the same technology as the Halcyonics, but a generation better.

tutorial, read the whole damn thing

to optimize active isolation one must eliminate any passive isolation since it defeats the effectiveness of active isolation. the tutorial speaks to putting the lab on a ground level with a concrete floor......since a building (let alone a suspended floor or rack with active isolation) basically has it's own frequency.

active isolation does have a limit of effectivness at higher frequencies.

BTW, the only way the benefit of active isolation is system dependent is with the limitations of one's floor, rack or cable influences. every piece of gear will sound considerably better with active isolation properly applied.
I've talked to the folks at Halcyonics, and they say that the upper limit of operating frequency is ~ 200Hz, which makes sense, because active vibration control relies on a feedback mechanism, where time delay is inevitable between vibration sensing and compensatory actuation.

What this means is that if we attenuate/eliminate vibrations under 200Hz in our audio components, great sonic improvements can be expected.

Regards,
David.
Wonnjun, I inadvertently got my turntable vibrating back and forth yesterday and the Halcyonics sought to dampen the movement. I have notices that women's voices, at least in my system, excite its correction more than men's, which makes your new information striking.

The Micro series can display the four of the vertical sensors or the four horizontal sensors. At the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest which in between two Interstate routes, they were quite active. When I move about on my suspended floor, they are quite active also.
Tbg,

Thanks for the report. I have been considering the Halcyonics. I have a 140# turntable (Galibier Stelvio) sitting on an Equarack with a Grand Prix Platform. The Equarack made a huge improvement in the sound of my system. How much impact would you anticipate with the Halcyonics? Would I have to use a separate stand for the turntable?

Thanks in advance for your input.