What Arm choices for the Garrard 301

Hi

What arm choices for the Garrard 301, and why!

*It seems like the match for the Garrard 301
is "The Tri-Planar" , has anyone swithch from The Tri-planar to something else that was interesting and if so, your comments please.

Please only
Thanks
P
macallan25
Ortofon 309 S or D is my choice. Match with Ortofon SPU. Vintage look with a modern sound.
Back in the days when the 301 was in production , the SME 3012 seemed to be the arm chosen by audiophiles. With the actual resurgence of interest towards the 301 we must consider the huge evolution of tonearms and cartridges,and the new tonearms like the Phantom or Triplanar or even linear trackers give the great vintage turntables a new and fresh recognition. I think that Thomas Shick tests his tonearms with a vintage 301. It is certainly a great deck and deserves the best tonearms. I think that tonearms have made a huge step ahead in the recent years , but we can compare with great vintage as Ortofon or Fidelity Research, but price is close actually... I would consider Linear tonearms like the Terminator...
The Schick arm is by far the favorite choice amongst my customers for the OMA slate plinths for the 301 and 401.

I've had a very wide variety of arms requested for the OMA plinths for the 301, including Schroeder's, Da Vinci, and TriPlanar, but the Schick is definitely the most requested.

Disclaimer- I sell the Schick in North America, and make slate plinths for the Garrards.