Who does not like the Lyra Dorian?

Just got one for my Linn LP12, and right off the detail was great, but it is very forward and bright. I am patiently waiting for it to warm up a bit so that I can make a real decision here, but I might suspect it is not to my taste (stress MIGHT, for I am known to misjudge these things in haste). I generally prefer a more spacious laid back sound, but the detail is seductive and it seems quite musical. I thought I would try something different, too firm an attachment to taste is questionable. Any thoughts?

By the way, I have Art Audio tube gear and Tetra speakers.
chashmal
Only heard one once in a system I'd never heard before but it sounded exactly as you describe and the system owners eventually replaced it with a Denon DL-103(!).
How many hours are on the cart? Don't even think about any judgment until 60 hrs or so.
i have a lyra dorian and it doesn't come close to my mm's...decca maroon, audio technica 150, and garrott bros....it was a huge disappointment.
Dear Chashmal: Do you already contact directly with Lyra?, maybe they could help you about through a specific advise.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Interesting suggestion Raul. (Tremendous system you have by the way!)
I have ways of making it less bright, decreasing loading in the phono stage for one, but the issue for me is the soundstage. To be fair, it has very few hours. If need be I will contact Lyra. It sounds like you are a supporter of this cartridge.

So, do you (or anyone else) have an out and out positive thing to say about it?