Ortofon SPU Synergy

Hi,

has anyone else here tried the Ortofon SPU Synergy? Whats your impressions, which parameters do you aplly in setting up the sytsem? I use this wonderful cartridge for more than 2 weeks now.

Best regards

Ron
xronx
Wonderful catridge. I use it in my analog rig: Merrill-Scillia MS2 TT, Ortofon RS-212D arm, custom-built phono stage, Consonance Cyber 300B PSE monos, and Lamhorn speakers. As compared with the Ortofon Jubilee (another great cartridge), the SPU Synergy has more weight & solidity but does not have the air of the Jubilee. But it is a good match for the lighter sound of the Cyber/Lamhorn combo.
Now the Ortofon Windfeld is another league altogether. Absolutely the best cartridge I have used!
How much tracking force do you use? Do you use a step up transformer?

The Synergy is my favourite cartridge at the moment, even before my Kiseki Goldspot, Shelter 501 and Koetsu Rosewood. I think the SPU (also my SPU classic GME) are more able to grip you and make you forget about hifi, than a lot of other cartridges (e.g. most of the Benz, I had).
I was just looking at it...I use SPU GE and SPU Reference Gold. Both super cartridges! How does it compare to the GE?
I use the recommended 3gr tracking force.
I don't use a step up transformer. My phono stage has enough gain.
"I was just looking at it...I use SPU GE and SPU Reference Gold. Both super cartridges! How does it compare to the GE?"

The Synergy's basic sound has(fortunately) all the SPU atributes, it keeps the same rythmic goherency and concentration on the ebb and flow of music but it sound much more grainless and better focused, also more vivid and lively than it's cheaper sibling. I like it a lot.