Ortofon SPU Synergy

Hi,

has anyone else here tried the Ortofon SPU Synergy? Whats your impressions, which parameters do you aplly in setting up the sytsem? I use this wonderful cartridge for more than 2 weeks now.

Best regards

Ron
xronx
Wonderful catridge. I use it in my analog rig: Merrill-Scillia MS2 TT, Ortofon RS-212D arm, custom-built phono stage, Consonance Cyber 300B PSE monos, and Lamhorn speakers. As compared with the Ortofon Jubilee (another great cartridge), the SPU Synergy has more weight & solidity but does not have the air of the Jubilee. But it is a good match for the lighter sound of the Cyber/Lamhorn combo.
Now the Ortofon Windfeld is another league altogether. Absolutely the best cartridge I have used!
How much tracking force do you use? Do you use a step up transformer?

The Synergy is my favourite cartridge at the moment, even before my Kiseki Goldspot, Shelter 501 and Koetsu Rosewood. I think the SPU (also my SPU classic GME) are more able to grip you and make you forget about hifi, than a lot of other cartridges (e.g. most of the Benz, I had).
I was just looking at it...I use SPU GE and SPU Reference Gold. Both super cartridges! How does it compare to the GE?