Is the KAB Fluid Damper worth it if...

...that is the only mod you purchase for a technics 1210? My setup will consist of a 3" maple platform with brass footers replacing the existing ones. I really don't think I could do the rewire myself, and I don't really want to send my turntable into KAB. With just the purchase of the damper would this rig be able to get the most out of higher end cartridges?--Cheers
jmoog08
Vinylvin
3/4 " Thick ? Or 3/4 " Diameter ? I tried out some washers, but basic thickness like a Quarter and about the diameter of a Quarter and they did Help a little in stabilizing the cones, however still can tilt pretty easily, just has more resistance to doing so fighting against the accordian style boot fitting with the threaded insert… I am guessing it might be that the M5G has a different mounting cup under it than some of the older or other style 1200 series? I don't doubt it as this footer system on the M5g does seem a bit more advanced than what would have been around on 1200 tables in the 80's or 90's etc… So maybe that is a difference here in getting the cones to stand solid.         
3/4 " Diameter, they fit perfect right over
the holes. They cost 60 cents each. I tried
the little quarter ones also, they did nothing
just like you said.

I can't believe how bad the original feet are,
you don't notice until you take them off.
3/4 " must be the hole size, I thought that was
small, the washer diameter is 2 1/4 ". They are
maybe 1/8 " thick.
"That must barely fit within the molded edge"

It fits over not in, I thought I got one the fit
inside the hole but these fit over & worked perfect.
It's more like 1/16" thick. It looks nice also. Just
pick out ones that are the same, they don't all have
the same edge. It sounds so much better with the cones.
so anyone try what vinylvin did to find a threaded cone to perfectly replace the technics tt feet?