Synergistic Research's Tricon Phono Cable

I'm trying different cables between my TT and Phono preamp. I've tried Nordost Valhalla and now use Purist Audio Venustas, both sound nice, but since most of the cabling I use is Synergistic Research I was wondering if anybody has experience with the SR Tricon phono cable. I don't see much info about them.

Thanks,
Mike
mjglo
Jmo,

Thanks for sharing your impressions of the Tricon cable. It is very helpful. It seems that this cable will become the reference by which other phono cables should be measured.
Jmo,

I take it the Tricon doesn't use active shielding. I guess I will be trying one also as all of my cables are SR now. Thanks for your sharing your findings with us.

Steve
Steve,

You are 100% correct. Get ready to take your ears on a splendid musical journey. :O)
I have always been fascinated with "this" subject of new/advanced tonearm cabling.Yes,this particular signal is extremely faint,and can be altered by imperfect cabling!

There are some really cool(seemingly)and very pricey arm cable products around.Some might be real breakthroughs,but who can know for sure?....The "OLD"(great)Absolute Sound would have given us more insight into this subject.
My experience with cable comparisons have been A/B'ing Graham IC-70 vs IC-30(no contest...the IC-70 won hands down),and comparing the IC-70 against the very highly regarded/rated Purist Venustas arm cable(twice the price by the way).
All comparisons were in a controlled fashion,and well executed.

The IC-70 "still" outperformed the Venustas,and was more open and dynamic.These results were reinforced by other hobbyists present.The system was very good(Kharma/Rowland/Audio Research/Transfig cartridge).

We had found that in this particular system ALL previous Synergistic cabling(everywhere except phono) was inferior to the replacement Venustas though,including speaker cabling.I am sceptical about specific cable superiority as a general rule.Other variables can change outcome,I believe.

My feelings are that the cabling apparently is system dependent,but I'd not move to a new arm cable unless I had an A/B comparison,in my own rig!
I have no doubt the Tricon is a fine product,but that was the "story" with the Venustas at the time too!Yet,the IC-70 outclassed it!...Who can really know what's what?

Fuel for thought...
..try Anti-Cables... they have a money back guarantee, and the price and performance are top notch.