Why the sudden popularity of 12 inch arms

VPI was the only mainstream manufacturer for years, now we have 12 inch arms from
Kuzma, Schroder, SME, Consonance, Brinkman to name a few.

Why is this?? fad or long term

Would a 12ich Grahham, Triplaner or Basis be a better sounding product??
downunder
Yes Mr. Onhwy Sir, it does, along with this rather large, and quite powerful electric motor(s) that is used to slow the vehicle. I know you knew that, was that a test? And I promise to try to be more positive in the future. You Sir,(not you Sir, Onhwy) are one of our community's greatest assets. Please keep an eye on me. I don't always take my medicine...

Now Sir, that's what you are getting for now, Speedy for short just doesn't sit well with me. Selfish? Sirspeedy takes too long. Unless that is your wish Sir. LMK. OH, and Please knock it off with the PC thing about who cares, this is important! Darnit! (you are an asset too) I haven't left you out! Feel better? Plus, you can come over any time.

Alright, where is this guy with my brake lesson? This Mr. Inept Innovations character? (isn't that one of those oxymoron things?)I want to learn! And whatever happened to the discussion of 12 inch tonearms? And how much better vintage/obsolete arms perform in comparison? Z.
Onhwy, I had this feeling... I checked, the Prius has discs up front. I KNEW IT!! Just has to, it was/is after all, built in this century! Gotcha! Z.
All emergency brakes (or parking Brakes) are drum brakes, usually on the rear wheels inboard of the rear disc brakes, if the car uses rear discs - many cars use rear drums.
All I am saying, is that a well executed drum brake will outperform a poor disc brake. its all in the execution of the design. Of course, a well executed disc will outperform a well executed drum brake, except, it seems, for an emergency brake! I shall Dr. Z to explain why and it has nothing to do with cot.

Bob p.
Z,I must admit,though you are going to get "mucho" criticism,on these threads(probably)you are WAY more entertaining than anything on cable,these days!!
Sir, I promised the first member that mailed me privately "huge entertainment value". I intend to deliver on that promise. I am now going to attempt to defuse(?) a little criticism. A pre-emptive sort of clarification, if you will. Read my lips, "there is nothing wrong with enjoying a system built to a budget. New or used. Oh yeah, and mis-matched stuff sounds bad." There. New SOTA stuff however, outperforms old SOTA stuff. Period.

Inept, You are so far out in left field on this one buddy. EVERY E brake I have ever seen is cable actuated. On rear disc cars, it is a seperate little set of pucks, NO DRUMS. Please do not try to tell us that four wheel disc vehicles also have drums at the rear? I'm going clear back to my Jag. I put vented 13" GM rotors and Wilwood 4 piston calipers up front. Driver adjustable bias control, and spent more time under the rear of that automobile than I care to remember, trying to achieve something/anything that would resemble brakes. The only thing that did work, for a short time, 'till the diff or calipers puked oil/fluid all over them were the E brakes. The seperate, cable actuated set of mini-calipers, of the NON DRUM configuration. I just know you're kidding, or there is a camera here somewhere. You CAN"T be serious!?!

Now, does anybody want to (whatever Sir called it) about 12 inch tonearms? It seems like a lifetime ago I was wanting to share the improvement I heard going from a 9 that I have been tweaking on for years to a 12. Right out of the box. I still have some playing to do. Anyone? Z.