Why the sudden popularity of 12 inch arms

VPI was the only mainstream manufacturer for years, now we have 12 inch arms from
Kuzma, Schroder, SME, Consonance, Brinkman to name a few.

Why is this?? fad or long term

Would a 12ich Grahham, Triplaner or Basis be a better sounding product??
downunder
>>The Toyota Prius uses drum brakes<<

No doubt to keep the cost down.

That could be the only reason.
Yes Mr. Onhwy Sir, it does, along with this rather large, and quite powerful electric motor(s) that is used to slow the vehicle. I know you knew that, was that a test? And I promise to try to be more positive in the future. You Sir,(not you Sir, Onhwy) are one of our community's greatest assets. Please keep an eye on me. I don't always take my medicine...

Now Sir, that's what you are getting for now, Speedy for short just doesn't sit well with me. Selfish? Sirspeedy takes too long. Unless that is your wish Sir. LMK. OH, and Please knock it off with the PC thing about who cares, this is important! Darnit! (you are an asset too) I haven't left you out! Feel better? Plus, you can come over any time.

Alright, where is this guy with my brake lesson? This Mr. Inept Innovations character? (isn't that one of those oxymoron things?)I want to learn! And whatever happened to the discussion of 12 inch tonearms? And how much better vintage/obsolete arms perform in comparison? Z.
Onhwy, I had this feeling... I checked, the Prius has discs up front. I KNEW IT!! Just has to, it was/is after all, built in this century! Gotcha! Z.
All emergency brakes (or parking Brakes) are drum brakes, usually on the rear wheels inboard of the rear disc brakes, if the car uses rear discs - many cars use rear drums.
All I am saying, is that a well executed drum brake will outperform a poor disc brake. its all in the execution of the design. Of course, a well executed disc will outperform a well executed drum brake, except, it seems, for an emergency brake! I shall Dr. Z to explain why and it has nothing to do with cot.

Bob p.