Why the sudden popularity of 12 inch arms

VPI was the only mainstream manufacturer for years, now we have 12 inch arms from
Kuzma, Schroder, SME, Consonance, Brinkman to name a few.

Why is this?? fad or long term

Would a 12ich Grahham, Triplaner or Basis be a better sounding product??
downunder
Zieman, you seem to suffer the malady of 'a little knowledge being a dangerous thing'. Your lack of knlowledge on vehicule braking systems and dynamics renders your credibility on other subjects suspect at best!

With respect, Bob P.
Z,I'm not old enough to have a grandson....I lied, I am but have none!!...As to anything influencing a newbee,who cares?It's not the job of a hobby/discussion forum to create market interest,IMO!
Yet,I know "we do" agree on balance.You and I..BUT..I don't think any of my posts are going to influence anyone that I am anything other than a "sometimes/often-times" bloviator.One that has an enthusiastic approach to a fun hobby.Someone that likes to "rap audio".Something I was accused of in my college days!While helping to take over my dorm,protesting the Vietnam war.Even though I was, "in actuality", just trying to pick up this "way hot" militant chick,who blew me off anyway!!
Best.
Inept, Show me the brakes. Seriously, I did finish 5th grade. Actually went a little bit further, let's just keep that between you and I. For at least my benefit, please demonstrate the criterea you use to make your diagnosis of my current malady. Any cars, planes, boats(!), trains, motorcycles, or any other thing that rotates, and is slowed or stopped by the use of drums? That was built in THIS CENTURY? I put the boat in there just in case you think they have "brakes" by ANY classical definition. My boat TRAILER does in fact have disc brakes on one axle. I missed the dynamics part, where was that? I swear I don't remember expounding on vehicle dynamics. I was saving that for another post! Can you cure this malady? Can you fix any of the other things that are wrong with me? Shall I make you a list?
Inept, I always liked: "If you think education is expensive, try paying for ignorance" Is that a "malady" as well?

Sir, the grandson thing was a rheto... something question. I can't spell it. It is too dynamic a word for me! Z.
Z,the "rheto" thing?I knew it!Give me a little more observational credit if you can.I'm not SO old to be "that" slow minded!! -:)
BTW,the "SIR" thing,as you apply it to me,is cute...BUT it would be more accurately used on Albert Porter.That fellow is "real" Royalty!!Classy too!
Best.