Considering going Vinyl--Please talk me out of it

I'm standing here on the vinyl cliff,peering over the edge...I had a TT in the eighties & nineties, an AR with the Underground Sound mods by George Merrill from Memphis, TN. It got destroyed in a series of moves, and my vinyl disappeared. I have a perfectly good CD player(Denon 1650AR),EAD PM2000 amp & EAD Ovation plus prepro, & thiel 2.3's. I would need a phono preamp before I could run whatever TT I obsess over enough to buy, as the Ovation has no phono stage. Push me over, or save me! mb
michaeljbrown
Oh come on, do it!

I was in a similar spot about 3 years ago. I bought a Scout, upgraded to a Scoutmaster and am now close to pulling the trigger on a Raven AC. I didn't "need" to upgrade beyond the Scout but I'm loving the tweeking and buying new and old records. It's been a blast and I don't regret any of it for a second. You don't have to spend a fortune if you don't want to. Good luck in your decision.
Viridian,
Well said.
Please come over for some serious intervention!

Happy Xmas! John Lennon
OK, I rested for awhile and then snapped and bought a modded AR AX from david at vinylnirvana.com. He's adding a Rega 250 arm and Ortofon OM 30 cartridge. Now I'll see if I can find some vinyl, and join you guys for awhile. Just like an alcoholic, right? A few beers won't hurt, just a couple...........