Hall of Shame

What is the worst, most overpriced, hyped, bad-sounding audiophile gear out there. Your bets please.
mozart2000
I agree with the AnalysisPlus Oval 9 speaker and MIT cables. I would like to add the $85K Dynaudio Evidence speakers. I listened to these speakers in a private home for some time and it was one of the most dull lifeless image-less systems I have every heard. Perhaps it was the associated gear (about 100K worth of YBA electronics). I have heard some of the Dynaudio monitors sound quite good so this is not a Dynaudio bash, but the Evidence was just plain BAD!!! And I am still trying to figure out what would cost 85K in that speaker, it is 7 drivers/channel as I recollect. Insult to injury: Dynaudio now says yoou need their bass augmentation unit.

Mike
The Gammut/Enigma room at 12 K shamed the Pipedreams/Tenor room.The Pipedreams where not even in the top 3 at the show.
They where nice but at the price point they where a joke.
They are EGO LOOK HOW MUCH I SPENT PIECES.
I find the FM Accoustics gear madly overpriced, the Gryphon amps, except for the Reference monos musically uninvolving, the Martin Logan CLS harsh and twangy in the highs, most of the Levinson amps..see under Gryphon, but I do like MIT!
De gustibus non est disputandum.
Cheers,
Kel -- Funny as usual!! Great venue to have fun with each others' choices and MFG's products.A.P. Speaker cables RULE!!! Never tried the ic's. I'd like to see a print-out of how fast sp wire used sells / and the best percent of cost recouped; at this site. There is a reason!! (YMMV)